Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sports in New York

So it's a rainy day in NYC... and Tish and Paulo have gone home without saying goodbye... was it something I said or did?

Anyways I have to change the title of the blog to adventures of Harold and the Patels I think with T&P gone. (I'll make the change sometime later)

But the point of this entry is about sports in NY. We had tickets to see the pens play the islanders at nassau colisseum and the knicks and spurs at MSG... and wow...

First off, Nassau is a dump... the Islanders suck... and it takes an hour to drive out there... but what a game! It went to a shootout and we had seats in the 3rd and 4th rows.

Then MSG... what can you say about MSG except that you can feel the history. The Knicks and Spurs went to overtime and talk about a loud pumped up arena... MSG had it all.

I will say this though about the ushers in New York arenas... they are assholes! Most of the New Yorkers I've met so far have been helpful and very nice. Arena ushers are on some misguided power trips... definately doesn't help the new york's reputation.

But of particular note... after the game we took our time leaving and walked past the tour bus that was taking the spurs back to there hotel... and who do we seen in the back row but Tony Parker and the very hot Eva Longoria... Ashif and I did all we could to get her attention... and let's leave it at that.

I'll add a video if I can get it.

1 comment: